Monday, February 8, 2010

Food, INC

This week in Nutrition we are watching a movie titled, "Food, INC." It is a very disturbing, yet powerful movie that gives its viewers a reality check. It reveals the secrets and the reality of our food industry, which has turned into food factories with several companies controlling the business. Personally I was shocked and disgusted with the way we treat the animals and how everything has become so industrialized and inhumane. After watching part of the movie, I am ready to help out the food industry in the little ways I can. For instance, my family buys local grown fruits and vegetables and they are delivered to our house, instead of buying artificially ripened food from huge supermarkets. In addition, I encourage my mom to buy only organic, free range chicken, to support proper treatment of animals. I really hope other people step on board and start making a difference because the reality of food factories is not only hurting our health and animals health, but it is harming the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment