Saturday, January 30, 2010

What We are Capable of

Today I settle down to finish my homework, so I can head up to Tahoe tomorrow to get one last day of skiing in before lacrosse season starts. As I cherish these last few days of relaxation, I realize how close we are to the end of the semester. On Monday lacrosse begins and my days become longer and I become more tired. I am excited to reunite with my team and I look forward to how our season turns out, yet I cannot help but miss those former, calm, relaxing days. Tomorrow I am heading up to Tahoe for a ski day trip with my brother and dad. I am looking forward to spending time with my family and having an awesome day of skiing.

This week in class we talked about essay topics based on the question, "what are we capable of and under what circumstances?" I have struggled to find a topic, and while I was playing lacrosse with some friends the other day, my topic hit me. I realized no one would be where they are today if it weren't for the setting and surroundings they were placed in. Therefore, our surroundings dictate some of our potential. In Heart of Darkness the setting plays a major role in the plot and the description of the characters emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment